1. N. Alperin, D. N. Levin, and C. A. Pelizzari, "Retrospective registration of x-ray angiograms with MR images by using vessels as intrinsic landmarks," Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Vol. 4, pp. 139-144, 1994.
2. S. Aylward, E. Bullitt, S. M. Pizer, and D. Eberly, "Intensity ridge and widths for tubular object segmentation and registration," in IEEE Workshop on Mathematical Methods in Biomedical Image Analysis, 1996, pp. 131-138.
3. S. Aylward, S. Weeks, and E. Bullitt, "Analysis of the parameter space of a metric for registering 3d vascular images," in MICCAI, Utrecht, The Netherlands, October 2001, p. 8.
4. S. Aylward and E. Bullitt, "Initialization, noise, singularities, and scale in height ridge traversal for tubular object centerline extraction," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 61-75, February 2002.
5. E. Bullitt, A. Liu, S. Aylward, M. Soltys, J. Rosenman, and S. Pizer, "Methods for displaying intracerebral vascular anatomy," American Journal of Neuroradiology, Vol. 18, pp. 417-420, March 1997.
6. E. Bullitt, S. Aylward, K. Smith, S. Mukherji, M. Jiroutek, and K. Muller, "Symbolic description of intracerebral vessels segmented from MRA and evaluation by comparison with x-ray angiograms," Medical Image Analysis, Vol. 5, pp. 157-169,2001.
7. A. F. Frangi, W. J. Niessen, R. M. Hoogeveen, T. Van Walsum, and M. A. Viergever, "Model-based quantitation of 3-d magnetic resonance angiographic images," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 946-956, October 1999.
8. G. Gerig, T. Koller, G. Szekely, C. Brechbuhler, and O. Kubler, "Symbolic description of 3-d structures applied to cerebral vessel tree obtained from MR angiography volume data," in Information Processing in Medical Imaging '93: Lecture Notes in Computer Science 687,1993, pp. 94-111.
9. K. Haris, S. N. Efstraatiadis, N. Maglaveras, C. Pappas, J. Gourassas, and G. Louridas, "Model-based morphological segmentation and labeling of coronary angiograms," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 1003-1015, October 1999.
10. R. M. Hoogeveen, C. J. G. Bakker, and M. A. Viergever, "Limits to the accuracy of vessel diameter measurement in MR angiography," Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Vol. 8, 1998.
11. T. Koller, G. Gerig, G Szekely, and D. Dettwiler, "Multiscale detection of curvilinear structures in 2-d and 3-d image data," in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computer Vision, Boston, MA, 1995, pp. 864-869, IEEE Computer Society Press.
12. C. Lorenz, I. C. Carlsen, T. M. Buzug, C. Fassnacht, and J. Weese, "Multi-scale line segmentation with automatic estimation of width, contrast, and tangential direction in 2d and 3d medical images," in CVRMed-MRCAS '97, J. Troccaz, E. Grimson, and R. Mosges, Eds., 1997, pp. 233-242, Springer-Verlag.
13. L. M. Lorigo, O. Faugeras, W. E. L. Grimson, R. Keriven, R. Kikinis, and C. F. Westin, "Co-dimension 2 geodesic active contours for MRA segmentation," in Information Processing in Medical Imaging '99: Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1613,1999, pp. 126-139.
14. Y. Masutani, T. Schiemann, and K. H. Hohne, "Vascular shape segmentation and structure extraction using a shape-based region-growing model," in Proceedings of Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1496,1998, pp. 1242-1249.
15. T. McInerney and D. Terzopoulos, "Topology adaptive deformable surfaces for medical image volume segmentation," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 840-850, October 1999.
16. B. C. Porter, D. J. Rubens, J. G. Strang, J. Smith, S. Totterman, and K. J. Parker, "3d registration and fusion of ultrasound and mri using major vessels as fiducial markers," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 20, No. 4, 2001.
17. P. Reuze, J. L. Coatrieux, L. M. Luo, and J. L. Dillenserger, "A 3-d moment based approach for blood vessel detection and quantification in MRA," Technology and Health Care, Vol. 1, pp. 181-188,1993.
18. Y. Sato, S. Nakajima, H. Atsumi, T. Koller, G. Gerig, S. Yoshida, and R. Kikinis, "3d multi-scale line filter for segmentation and visualization of curvilinear structures in medical images," in CVRMed-MRCAS '97, J. Troccaz, E. Grimson, and R. Mosges, Eds., 1997, pp. 213-222, Springer-Verlag.
19. D. L. Wilson and J. A. Noble, "An adaptive segmentation algorithm for time-of-flight MRA data," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 938-945, October 1999.
20. P. J. Yim, P. L. Choyke, and R. M. Summers, "Gray-scale skeletonization of small vessels in magnetic resonance angiography," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 568-576, June 2000.
21. S. Aylward, J. Jomier, J. P. Guyon, and S. Weeks, "Intra-operative 3d ultrasound augmentation," in IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, July 2002, p. 4.
22. E. Bullitt, A. Liu, S. Aylward, C. Coffey, J. Stone, S. Mukherji, and S. Pizer, "Registration of 3d cerebral vessels with 2d digital angiograms: clinical evaluation," Academic Radiology, Vol. 6, pp. 539-546,1999.
23. E. Bullitt, S. Aylward, E. Bernard, and G. Gerig, "Technical report: computerassisted visualization of arteriovenous malformations on the home PC," Neuro-surgery, Vol. 48, pp. 576-583, 2001.
24. L. Soler, H Delingette, G. Malandain, N. Ayache, C. Koehl, J. M. Clement, O. Dourthe, and J. Marescaux, "An automatic virtual patient reconstruction from CT-scans for hepatic surgical planning," in Medicine Meets Virtual Reality, J. D. Weswood, Ed., IOS Press, 2000, pp. 316-322.
25. R. O. Duda, P. E. Hart, and D. G. Stork, Pattern Classification, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2001.
26. D. Hill, P. Batchelor, M. Holden, and D. Hawkes, "Medical image registration," Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 46, 2001.
27. K. M. Andress, "Evidential reconstruction of vessel trees from rotational an-giograms," in International Conference on Image Processing, Vol. 3, October 1998, pp. 385-389.
28. N. Niki, Y. Kawata, H. Satoh, and T. Kumazaki, "3d imaging of blood vessels using x-ray rotational angiographic system," in Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference, Vol. 3, November 1993, pp. 1873-1877.
29. A. Wahle, H. Oswald, and E. Fleck, "3d hard-vessel reconstruction from biplane angiograms," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 65-73, 1996.
30. T. Lindeberg, Scale-Space Theory in Computer Vision, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 1994.
31. G.J. Grevera and J. K. Udupa, "An objective comparison of 3-d image interpolation methods," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 642-652,1998.
32. M. Styner, C. Brechbuhler, G. Szckely, and G. Gerig, "Parametric estimate of intensity inhomogeneities applied to mri," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 153-165, March 2000.
33. W. M. Wells III, W. E. L. Grimson, R. Kikinis, and F. A. Jolesz, "Adaptive segmentation of MRI data," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 429-442, 1996.
34. B. M. ter Haar Romeny, Geometry-Driven Diffusion in Computer Vision, Computational Imaging and Vision, Kluwer, 1994.
35. Y. Du, D. Parker, and W. Davis, "Improved vessel visualization in MR angio-graphy by nonlinear anisotropic filtering," Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Vol. 5, pp. 353-359, 1995.
36. A. Kelemen, G. Szekely, and G. Gerig, "Elastic model-based segmentation of 3d neuroradiological data sets," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 828-839, October 1999.
37. S. M. Pizer, D. S. Fritsch, P. A. Yushkevich, V. E. Johnson, and E. L. Chaney, "Segmentation, registration, and measurement of shape variation via image object shape," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 851-865, October 1999.
38. A. S. Tannenbaum, Computer Networks, Prentice Hall, 1989.
39. F. P. Brooks Jr., Mythical Man-Month, 2nd edition, Addison Wesley, 1995.
40. R. Shahidi, B. Lorensen, R. Kikinis, J. Flynn, A. Kaufman, and S. Napel, "Surface rendering versus volume rendering in medical imaging: techniques and applications," in Visualization 1996, November 1996, pp. 439-440.
41. J. D. Foley, A. van Dam, S. K. Feiner, and J. F. Hughes, Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice, 2nd edition, Addison-Wesley, 1990.
42. D. Mori and T. Yamaguchi, "Construction of the cfs model of the aortic arch based on mr images and simulation of the blood flow," in Medical Imaging and Augmented Reality, June 2001, pp. 111-116.
43. D. Eberly, Ridges in Image and Data Analysis, Vol. 7 of Computational Imaging and Vision, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 1996.
44. A. Collignon, F. Maes, D. Delaere, D. Vandermeulen, P. Suetens, and G. Marchai, "Automated multi-modality image registration based on information theory," in Information Processing in Medical Imaging, Y. Bizais, C. Barillot, and R. Di Paola, Eds. 1995, pp. 263-274, Kluwer Academic.
45. A. Roche, X. Pennec, G. Malandain, and N. Ayache, "Rigid registration of 3d ultrasound with mr images: a new approach combining intensity and gradient information," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1038-1049, 2001.
46. A. P. King, J. Blackall, G. Penney, and D. Hawkes, "Tracking liver motion using 2d ultrasound and a surface based statistical shape model," in MMBIA, December 2001.
47. P. J. Besl and N. D. McKay, "A method for registration of 3d shapes," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 14, pp. 239-256,1992.
48. Y. Ge, C. R. Maurer Jr, and J. M. Fitzpatrick, "Surface-based 3-d image registration using the iterative closest point algorithm with a closest point transform," in SPIE Medical Imaging: Image Processing, 1996.
49. I. Dryden and K. Mardia, Statistical Shape Analysis, Wiley, New York, 1998.
50. Petra A. van den Elsen, Evert-Jan D. Pol, Thilaka S. Sumanaweera, Paul F. Hemler, Sandy Napel, and John R. Adler, "Grey value correlation techniques used for automatic matching of ct and mr brain and spine images," in Visualization in Biomedical Computing, Richard A. Robb, Ed., Rochester, MN, 1994, Vol. 2359, pp. 227-237, SPIE.
Was this article helpful?