1. Herrington JL. Historical aspects of gastric surgery. In: Scott HW, Sawyers JL, eds., Surgery of the Stomach. Duodenum and Small Intestine. 2nd ed. Blackwell Scientific, Boston, MA, 1992; pp. 1-28.
2. Hocking MP, Vogel SB, et al. Delayed gastric emptying of liquids and solids following Roux Y biliary diversion. Ann Surg 1981;194:494-501.
4. Meyer JH, Thompson JB, Cohen MB, et al. Sieving of solid food by the canine stomach and sieving after gastric surgery. Gastroenterology 1979;76:804-813.
5. Welch CE, Rodkey GV. Partial gastrectomy for duodenal ulcer. Am J Surg 1963;105:338-346.
6. Thompson JC, Weiner T. Evaluation of surgical treatment of duodenal ulcer: Short and long-term effects. Clin Gastroenterol 1984;13:569-600.
7. Machella TE. The mechanism of the post-gastrectomy "dumping" syndrome. Ann Surg 1949;130:145-159.
8. Drapanas T, McDonald JC, Stewart JD. Serotonin release following instillation of hypertonic glucose into the proximal intestine. Ann Surg 1962;156:528-536.
9. Sagor GR, Bryant MG, Ghatei MA, et al. Release of vasoactive intestinal peptide in the dumping syndrome. Br Med J 1981;282:507-510.
12. Primrose JN, Johnston D. Somatostatin analogue SMS 201-995 (octreotide) as a possible solution to the dumping syndrome after gastrectomy or vagotomy. Br J Surg 1989;76:140-144.
13. Shultz KT, Neelon FA, Nilsen LB, et al. Mechanism of post gastrectomy hypoglycemia. Arch Int Med 1971;128:240.
14. Goldstein HM, Cohen LE, Hagen RO, et al. Gastric bezoars: A frequent complication in the postoperative ulcer patient. Radiology 1973;107:341-344.
15. Hunt CJ, Cope JS. Modified technique for total gastrectomy with formation of a food pouch from the jejunum. Am Surg 1952;18:85-90.
16. Tanner NC. Personal observations and experiences in the diagnosis and management of ulcer disease and disabilities that follow peptic ulcer operations. Surg Clin North Am 1976;56:1349-1363.
17. Sawyers JL. Management of postgastrectomy syndromes. Am J Surg 1990;159:8.
18. Craft Il, Venables CW. Antiperistaltic segment of jejunum for persistent diarrhea following vagotomy Ann Surg 1968;167:282-286.
19. Matsusue S, Kashihara S, Takeda H, et al. Three cases of afferent loop obstruction: The role of ultrasonography in the diagnosis. Jpn J Surg 1988;18:709-713.
20. Herrington JL, Swayers JL. Complications following gastric operations. In Schwartz SI, Ellis H, eds., Maingot's Abdominal operations, 9th ed. Appleton and Lange, Norwalk, CT, 1989, pp. 701-730.
Was this article helpful?
Your heart pumps blood throughout your body using a network of tubing called arteries and capillaries which return the blood back to your heart via your veins. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of your arteries as your heart beats.Learn more...