- Anastomotic insufficiency (including duodenal stump insufficiency)
- Acute pancreatitis
- Chylous ascites (particularly after R2 resection)
- Biliary gastritis (particularly after Billroth II reconstruction)
- Jejunal peptic ulcer disease
- Local recurrence (duodenal stump or resection line of stomach)
- Distant metastases
Was this article helpful?
For centuries, ever since the legendary Ponce de Leon went searching for the elusive Fountain of Youth, people have been looking for ways to slow down the aging process. Medical science has made great strides in keeping people alive longer by preventing and curing disease, and helping people to live healthier lives. Average life expectancy keeps increasing, and most of us can look forward to the chance to live much longer lives than our ancestors.