Jeffrey R AvansinoMD and Matthias StelznerMD

Annually in the United States, it is estimated that there are approximately 42,000 new cases of rectal cancer. In most series, approximately 80% of patients undergo resections with curative intent with the remaining 20% requiring palliation. Of the 80% that receive resections with curative intent, approximately 40% will develop a recurrence (Jemal et al, 2003). The majority of these patients will not be eligible for further resections with curative intent. Thus palliation of rectal cancer is a major health issue. This chapter will focus on both invasive and noninvasive palliative modalities in rectal cancer that are currently available and the clinical scenarios in which they are most frequently used.

Constipation Prescription

Constipation Prescription

Did you ever think feeling angry and irritable could be a symptom of constipation? A horrible fullness and pressing sharp pains against the bladders can’t help but affect your mood. Sometimes you just want everyone to leave you alone and sleep to escape the pain. It is virtually impossible to be constipated and keep a sunny disposition. Follow the steps in this guide to alleviate constipation and lead a happier healthy life.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment